Pål wrote:
> It's almost incredible that so many people don't understand the MZ-S
interface.

Then Bob wrote:

I don't know anything about the MZ-S interface, but I do know
something about user interfaces in general because it's part of my
job.

Yours is a strange sentence to write in defence of an interface, because if
it
is so misunderstood by so many people then it has failed, by definition.

In retrospect I think Pentax has made a bad mistake by not refining and
retaining
the Z1p interface for the MZ-S.

I own both cameras and the Z1p is the one I reach for first when I have a
job to do.
I find it's interface easy to use and bullet proof under pressure, where as
the MZ-S
is a jumble of confusing dials and buttons that is far from intuitive and
frankly APITA.
And don't get me started on it's flash capabilities.
I own two AF500FTZ's and I was devastated to learn I had to buy the less
powerful and less
versatile flash, the AF360FGZ, just to get auto fill flash!
Is that dumb or what!!!

Why they didn't "professionalise" the Z1p by including the extra features of
the MZ-S is a
huge mistake IMO.
A Z1p with a battery grip, the upgraded SAFOX system, better sealing, data
imprinting, etc would have made it a camera to die for.

No, I'm sorry I much prefer my Z1p's, for me, it's ergonomics (with the grip
straps) make this camera a joy to use.
I thought I would have enjoyed using the portrait release on the MZ-S with
the battery grip, but in fact I find it too uncomfortable and unbalanced to
be used successfully, and it's overall ergonomics just don't compare for me.

And I will be disappointed if they base their DSLR on the MZ-S chassis.

Regards,

Max

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination,
copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is
the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the
message.