It's a little longer and slower, but the M135/3.5 is quite small, inexpensive and
common.  Also, it is quite sharp, even wide open.

William in Utah

7/31/2002 12:09:10 PM, "steven gilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am looking for a compact medium tele whose main use would be available light street
>photography and candid portraits.  From looking at tech info and user
comments the best (perfect?) canidate I can find in the Pentax line up is the
M120/2.8.  The only problem is I can't seem to find one for sale.  I also fear that
when I
do it will be priced out of my range due to rarity.

>I'm wondering first off if some of you who have used this lens would agree that it is
>right for the job.  If so, what would be a fair price for one in good
optical/mechanical condition?  And finally, can anyone suggest an alternative lens,
maybe a 3rd party?

>What appeals to me is the small size and weight for the focal length and speed of the
>lens.  It would see a lot of use on a MX at wide aperatures.  I currently have a
zoom and a macro prime covering the focal range, neither of which meets both my size
and my speed criteria.