Hi, Steve,

It's a constant aperture 3.8, which I understand may be a sharper lens.  Other
than the aperture, it seems in real good shape.  Glass clean and clear, little
or no wear on the barrel, and the rings have little or no play.

I have no idea what the shop will charge for a CLA, but I guess I'll find out
tomorrow.  I just hope they can get it done by next Thursday.  Going on
vacation, and I was really hoping to bring the new toy!

You have a 3.8, don't you?  I seem to recall you like it!

regards,
frank