----- Original Message -----
From: Pål Jensen
Subject: Re: Subject: LX repair update

> Doesn't this rather prove that you are using an unreliable
repairing facility? In fact, I discussed this with the Pentax
repair man a couple of months ago. I can't remember the details
but he claimed that many LX bodies was not in fact repaired
properly as some servicing people were not familiar with the
quirks of the LX. Often the symptom was fixed but not the
underlaying cause.

Whether the camera is inherently unreliable or whether I cannot
get repairs done reliably is moot. What is germaine (to me,
anyway) is that my 3 LX's are going in for service far more
often than they should be.
I have used both Pentax Canada facilities, and an independant
repair company.
None have made my cameras what I would call dependable.
If Pentax can't make the camera repairs, then they have a
problem. If that is what is making my cameras unreliable, then I
still have unreliable cameras.

My first LX, which I bought new, needed service within 3 years
of being purchased.

My friends F3 will be 20 this year, and has NEVER seen a repair
shop. This is what reliablility is about.

For the record. it doesn't matter about the reliability of the
camera, it is still, in my estimation, the best 35mm camera I
have had the pleasure of owning. If I thought otherwise, I
wouldn't have bought 3 of them, and a bunch of dedicated
accessories.
William Robb