Hi Cotty,

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Cotty wrote:

> I don't know your Ricoh at all,

It is just like Nikon FM 10 with Pentax K mount,

> but whenever I load up an MX or LX, the
> first thing I do after I shut the film back is take up the tension on the
> rewind knob. As soon as that's done, I then fire off the first couple of
> frames, watching the rewind knob go around to confirm film is winding
> okay. If you get into it as a habit, you'd be surprised as to how much it
> becomes second-nature and you will soon do it without even thinking about
> it.

Yes, this is what exactly the owner of the shop said. I have to get it
as a habit now.

> That said, when my son loads a roll of film into his Z-10 camera, aside
> from the noise it makes winding on to the first frame, there is no
> obvious way to see the film is winding on, which I found instantly
> irritating.

Doesn't it show any indication for an error while loading just like in
MZ-M. If no, then it is quite irritating because you don't know whether
the film is at all present at the back of the shutter curtain. I don't
know why Pentax made it like that.

> When I get a DSLR this problem will hopefully disappear :-)

Surely.

Thanks for the advice.
:-)

Cheers,