On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Maciej Marchlewski wrote:

> [...]

I have to accept it now as there is no other way.

> To make it easier for you I can tell that it also happenned to me. I loaded
> my newly purchased MX and had taken some nice Christmas shots of my family
> and begun to get suspicious when couple days later I managed frame 39. I
> thought that there might be something in the winding mechanism that allows
> to move the lever without moving the film (some sort of clutch) so rewinded
> the film and had it developed ordering a set of prints. To my dismay it
> turned out that after I winded from frame 1 to 2, film slipped from the
> taking spool and all the shots were made on the same piece of film.

Is it a common problem in all mechanical manual focus slrs? It also
depends on the make/brand/model? For example, Pentax LX won't have this
problem at all, just a guess.

> Of course I was ready to blame it on a camera malfunction but after
> questioning the PDML I found it tough lesson to watch the rewind knob as
> I wind the film.

Yes, that is a big lesson for me. From now one I shall always watch it
till all the frames are shot. No compromise.

> To cheer you even more I can tell you that it also happened to other people
> from PDML :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Maciej

Many thanks for cheering me up. :-)