On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, William Robb wrote:
> It is a 4x5 field camera, made of the finest Japanese cherry
> wood, with gold plated brass fittings.
> It is both a pleasure to use, and to see.

Have you ever compared it to a Shen Hao? I was giving thought to both of
them for awhile, and the SHen has better movements, while the Tachihara is
about a pound and a half lighter.

Feel free to respond off list. :)

-gfen (who's refinishing his speed graphic, it would probably draw scorn
from someone who'd recognize it as an SG, now, but to a layman it looks
like a beautiful antique camera [well, almost, i have to repaint the metal
drop bed])
(he also just got an 8 1/2" commercial ektar, and realized the lens
sitting and collecting dust is a 4 3/8" WA dagor)
(he's quite proud of all these things)

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin