Dave,

I'm coming from the same place Bruce is.

Time to expand your photographic horizons and push your limits.
Get a cheap AF200T flash and try some TTL flash photos.
You will be amazed by how easy it is to get good shots.
Get a tripod and try some of those long exposure, night shots.
Get a double exposure with the full moon in the frame.

You have a sportscar sitting in the garage and are driving the old family
station wagon.  Cut loose a little and give that sports car a try!

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Since you already own it, why keep changing.  I assume it will work
 for the type of photography you do as well as the K1000 or is there
 something unique about it that the LX can't do.

 Since you have the LX, why not expand your horizons just a bit at a
 time?  Take one feature and learn how to utilize it well.  This can
 round out your skills as a photographer better.  Learn how to shoot
 low light, learn how to shoot fast action, learn how to shoot macro,
 etc.  Then you may find that you have a great camera now, rather than
 being limited in your learning by the K1000.

 I hope I am making some sense.

 Bruce

 Saturday, August 10, 2002, 7:58:08 AM, you wrote:

 DCS> Boy..
 DCS> I tend to flip flop more than a fish out of water sometimes
 DCS> But I guess that's what this "learning" thing is all about.

 DCS> Here's the scenario:
 DCS> after having the LX for a few months (I like it, I do.. honest.. hear me
 DCS> out) I'm starting to realise that I may not be using it to it's FULL
 DCS> potential.  What do I mean ?   I can't remember ever using the Exposure
 DCS> compensation, a shutter speed faster than 1/1000, a shutter speed slower
 DCS> than 2 seconds (and 2 seconds I've used maybe a handful of times); I've
only
 DCS> tried to do double exposures on one roll of film with mixed results;
never
 DCS> used the MLU functionality, never used the analog TTL flash
functionality
 DCS> etc.

 DCS> So.. now I'm thinking I may go back to the all manual (save for the
meter)
 DCS> K1000 that I did love dearly. I mainly shoot people... I mainly shoot
B&W
 DCS> (occaisional color) - I use a Vivitar 283 flash so I have no need for
TTL -