Leica never, ever made a camera like the PZ or the LX, either.

> Leica offers real product support to their customers, and never
> made a camera that required service every 1500 exposures.
> William Robb

Good thing, too. If what I hear about the reliability of the R series is
true.

My Leica requires service regularly (every other year or so) no matter how
many (or few) shots I take with it. Slow speeds get slower, rangefinders need
tweaking.

I love my Leica, but I fail to understand why people ascribe such "magical"
properties to them. It's a simple, well made mechanical device. For goodness
sake, it should be reliable. So's my Craftsman claw hammer, but it ain't
magic....

It's a lot easier to support clawhammers than microprocessors.

Yeah, uh huh, I think we'll get see how great their support is with the new
M7...

Whatever.

Chris L.