Warren wrote:

> Hi, I have a couple of systems (Olympus 35m and P645)
> but am considering a switch to digital in 35mm if
> Pentax ever comes out with the full frame digital SLR.

Well, "the" full frame digital slr, as shown at Photokina 2 years ago, has been
shelved. It is expected that Pentax will show the final version at this years
Photokina show by the end of the month. However, it's specifications is not known.
They have promised that it will be cheaper than the previous prototype price estimate.

> I have a transition set of lens that I can use while I
> transfer (Tamron 35-105/2.8, Tamron 90/2.5 macro,
> Tamron 80-200/2.8, Tamron 350/5.6 mirror, and Tamron
> 400/4), but I will lose many of my beloved Zuikos in
> the process. I use mostly primes in day to day
> shooting and would like to know what are the best
> Pentax K mount or FA lens to replace the following
> Olympus focal lengths: 16mm fisheye, 18/3.5, 21/3.5,
> 28mm, 50/3.5 macro, 90 to 105 macro, 135mm, & 200mm. I
> can use the P645 300/4 with an adapter for 300mm.

Pentax offer a 16/2,8 fish-eye. Currently there are no 18mm lenses but there was an
18/3.5 lens that can be found used although it's rare. The Pentax distributors got the
message of a new FA 18/2.8 AL lens about 1,5 years ago. So far it has failed to
materialize. Perhaps it will be shown at Photokina or maybe they have shelved it?
There are numerous Pentax 20mm lenses but I'm not familiar with them. The FA 28/2.8 is
reportedly among the best Pentax 28mm lenses. There are numerous 100mm macro lenses as
well; all of them great. Pentax 135mm lenses have all good reputations except for the
A 135/2.8. The best 200mm lenses are probably the two 200 Macro lenses.
Otherwise, I suggest looking into the 31, 43, and 77 Limited lenses. They are stellar.

Pål