I went in for an LR44 the other day, and they gave me an A76. Package
says it's an acceptable alternative.
Anyhow, that's good to hear.

My recently purchased Spotmatic F doesn't seem to work with my kludged
up but well-fit A76 battery. It should have, if all that's wrong is no
battery, so I'm guessing there's something more fundamental wrong with
it. Sighhh. If it needs that kind of attention, there goe$ a great
purchase deal!
But still, it's a beautiful camera & I'll keep it if it can be brought back...

The previous owner did say that it had sat around in it's case,
unused, for some 30+ years. Maybe it just needs a proper CLA?

Thanks for the info on the K1000, David.

keith whaley