> but does anyone know if an SF-10 or ZX-7 exposure
> >   meter will get compromised by the (far less expensive and already in my
> bag)
> > linears. ?
>
> Alright,
>
> It seems that no one has given you a straight up answer so here it is:

    Many Thanx to Scott for a realistic explanation to my question. Your
   answer makes the PopPhoto article more understandable.
   In defensive response to the mean-spirited "contributors"  :
    To Len :  Yes I am willing to risk a few exposures without the
                  concensus of the group. I am simply unable to compare
                  exposure results of my polarizer to equipment I dont have.
                  Subtle exposure differences could go unnoticed without
                  comparison so I seek experienced advice.
    To Jerry in Houston: my "bloody" ZX-7 and SF-10 manuals make
                 no mention of reduction of exposure meter effectiveness
                 with use of linear polarizers. Guess what ? Your PZ-20
                 and PZ-70 manuals dont either. If you are refering to
                 your pages 45 + 47 , these deal with difficulties in
                 AUTOFOCUS effectiveness. If you are confused, please
                 refer to my original question.

         Again many thanx to Scott for the profession courtesy of a
           solid answer.
                                                Bob G.