Aristos wrote:

>is this a good old zoom
>does pentax make an equivalent lens
>how does it compare to the pentax lens
>basically is it any good
>how does it compare to the vivitar series 1 35-85 and 28-90mm lenses

OK, here is what I know: I have heard the Tamron was a very good lens
back then, but with quite a bit of distortion (quite normal before
our aspherical times).

I have tried the Vivitar 35-85 many years ago for a few days and
didn't like its handling.  No picture taking results that I remember.
I heard people saying it is very good.

Pentax made a 35-70 2.8-3.5 that handles fine.  I keep it but has
almost never used it.  I cannot tell about the optical quality.  I
think it has been said it's a bit soft at some aperture.  Let's hear
from the list!

Andre