From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of frank theriault
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT-Cheap Leicas-was: Let's get real, folks.

I guess the answer is:  "They won't".

They can't make bodies cheap enough, and if they get someone else to do
it (like the Minolta-made CL in the 70's), they won't make enough money
from it.  Besides, I think the CL experience makes Leica think that
anything less than the M7 isn't "worthy" of the name Leica, and will
only denigrate the name as a whole.

Besides, Voigtlander seems to have the "bargain" RF market these days.
It would be pretty tough for Leica (or anyone else) to undercut them in
price while maintaining any sort of quality/features.

regards,
frank

Łukasz Kacperczyk wrote:

> I meant a *new* entry level camera with an entry level *price*.
>
> Łukasz

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert
Oppenheimer