>But haven't we gotten used to a rather poor quality nowadays? I recently
looked at the B&W prints of my grandfather and I was amazed what quality
they had 50 years back. 4x6 inch prints where you would need to go really
close to see all detail. I think the present concept of 10 lines per mm for

prints is really poor. I like holding pictures closer to see if there are
additional details and am often disappointed with the quality (especially
color)
<

my Ritz Camera locally uses a scanner and digital laser processor. it
outputs ontp photographic paper at about 300 dpi. the dots are visible to
the naked eye.

Herb....