1) Negs have a a brown mask. This has to be subtracted. The color that has
to be corrected differs between different films. Getting the color balance
right is thus sometimes difficult on negs.

2) Negatives: Generally color reproduction cannot be controlled by
comparing it to the 'original', e.g. the negative/slide.

3) Negatives in most cases (comparing same sensitivity films) have higher
grain than slide film. As grain is an important factor determining
subjective picture quality this might be worth considering when one chooses
between these two alternatives.

Knut