>I have a Tamron 70-210 F3.5 lens, a real blunderbuss without a tripod
>mounting ring (it was manufactured that way).  Am I asking for trouble by
>mounting it on my plastic body mount ZX-M and then mounting the whole rig
>on my Bogen tripod?  It seems that all that weight hanging there...

This lens is slight shorter and lighter than the F/FA*300/4.5. It should be
ok as long as you don't walk around and hang the combo on your shoulder. One
blow might be enough to rip the mount off (just a guess). If mounted on
tripod, just don't use the FG battery grip.

>Also, has anyone had problems with a ZX-M and metal-mount lenses, wear and
>tear on the body mount from changing lenses often?

The plastic mount is easy and cheap to replace. The weak links are the 5
screw holes on the body. The plastic mount itself is quite thick and rigid
so don't worry.

regards,
Alan Chan