Peter:
Speling?

How about such fatuous use of the language as:

Commonly in Australian newspapers, when postage rates are increased -
"The price of a 40c stamp will increase tomorrow to 45c".  No it won't!
The cost of posting a standard letter will increase, but a 40c stamp
will still cost 40c.

In the national broadcaster's weather bulletins, reference to "warmer"
or "cooler" temperatures: a temperature is a measure of heat, it has no
heat of it's own!

On a pub sign outside Gladstone, Australia - "Duke box"

"Subsequently" used instead of "consequently" -  half accurate, since
the consequent event must be subsequent to the trigger event!  But
still not what the writer intended to say.

By sports commentators - "topscored", "silvermedalled", and
"goldmedalled" as verbs, third person transitive case.

And there are many, many more...

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia