Shaun,

Saw the same auction and got the same answer.

For some reason, shipping from Germany is expensive.
US Postal service is much cheaper,
but nobody insures packages beyond their own borders.

Shipping and payment make German Ebay deals difficult.  I haven't found a
good way to pay.  Germans typically want bank transfers.  These cost $35US vs
$3.00 for a money order or $0.15 for a check.  It makes bargains pretty
difficult to realize.

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Without meaning to start some full scale inter-continental feud, can
someone
 please tell me why German sellers on e-bay almost invariably wont post
 outside Germany? Is it something to do with customs or GST/VAT restrictions?
 I have a German seller who has just told me it would be more to ship an
 AF500FTZ and TR200 battery pack to Australia than the auction price. This
 makes the postage somewhere in the vicinity of $AUD400.00 give or take.
 What's with that?  >>