On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:13:54 -0400
"Steve Desjardins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You know, I think the 50 ft F5 of cheese has the makings of acrhetype,
> at least for Pentaxians.

Whilst there is no doubt the new range of cheese cameras will be popular
in their initial release, I would say to hold off.
The Mozzerella with all its low price will appeal to many but for
the instant gratificatin crowd, and reminicient of the polariod
instamatic days, we see a return of the slices.
Not to be outdone, several companies seem to have embraced other
portable types and good Stilton is availble in the UK, this
has been sold in US previously as English Cheddar without much
impact on the Market.

For the Pro crowd we see Cashel Blue is the big winner, with
its ergonimic design it is sure to please those with a larger
budget.

The avid amatuers have not been forgotten with a stunning
range of improvements and accessories to their favourites.
The Brie and Camemnbert range remain in vogue, with some
new packaging while the latest offering in this range is
Parmesan, many manufacturer have tried to copy this by
releasing their Romano range. Personally I see little
difference exept in price.

For the mums and dads the ever popular cheddar is still
the favorite and we see many newcomers to this market.
This is favorite for beginners or those who simply want
a cheese that easy to find and little is needed in the
way of accessorries, which are in much demand now.

The greatest omission seems to be the lack of a Cheesy
offering from one major manufacturer who is yet to
produce a cheese plate. This omission maybe due to
secrecy or simply the wait for the new cheeses to
bed themselves into the market. They have a full range
of other cheeses to keep most, but not the hip crowd,
satisfied. The hip crowd are said to be cheesed off
by this but are willing to wait.

The displays are full of new knives, cutting boards
and a range of wines that I have over sampled.

Kevin

Kevin Waterson
Byron Bay, Australia