There has been much written and discussed about this scanner.  I
believe on big reason is that it represents the only choice to scan
medium format at a price point that won't break the bank.

I had tried one in the past and wasn't overall happy with it.  Based
on JCO's experiences, reading many reviews on the web and a real
desire to be able to scan my MF stuff, I have ordered one once again.
I am hoping that armed with more knowledge on how to handle the
scanner and Epson having some time to fix any QC problems, that I will
be happy with this one.  That is my intention.

For those who care, I was able to find it at samsclub.com for the
price of $299.95!

 Bruce