Thanks Cotty!
I needed something like that today :)

Lukasz

-----Original Message-----
From: Cotty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 3:52 PM
To: Pentax List
Subject: Weekend Treat

Many if you will not have heard of Tony Hancock, some will. He was a
British comedian in the middle part of the last century. You may have
seen him making an appearance in a 'Carry On....' film or two, along with
people like the amazing Kenneth Williams ('.....ooooh! Matron!') One of
the many sketches he took part in was one called 'The Publicity
Photograph' which was broadcast originally on radio in 1958 as part of a
series called 'Pieces of Hancock'.

Briefly, the story is that wise cockney actor's agent Sydney James takes
one of his clients, Tony Hancock, to have some new publicity pictures
taken by an over-the-top Kenneth Williams as a celebrity photographer. It
is absolutely hysterical on an ancient scratchy vinyl long-pay record
that I 'borrowed' from my father years ago, and dug out recently. I
thought I would like to share it with the list, but was not able to find
a transcription of the sketch from one of several Tony Hancock web sites
available. Lots of transcriptions about, not this one.

Well, if you want something doing, do it yourself! I have transcribed the
sketch as best I can. Have a good laugh, and a good weekend.

http://www.macads.co.uk/snaps/misc/hancock.html

Cotty

Oh, swipe me! He paints with light!
http://www.macads.co.uk/snaps/