Bojidar wrote:

> BTW, to me, the idea of an IS-USM teleconverter sounds like a
> technologically-sound one.  Such a device could be built, and I don't
> see a better-suited company for that than Pentax.  It could even take
> manual-focus lenses.  !!!

I'm not so sure this product is viable. It depends if the abberations created by the
moving elements are determined by those elements alone or by the combination of glass
in the lens. If the latter, it will be virtually impossible to design an IS converter
with adequate correction elements that fit "all" lenses. At least without significant
deterioration of optical quality. I fear, but is not sure, that IS has to be taylored
for a particular lens.

Anyway, the patents related to the KAFIII mount that mention converters are not
dealing with IS converters but ordinarily converters. These maintan AF and tell the
camera the corrected aperture of the lens and that a converter is mounted.

Pål