At 19:40 11-9-2002 -0400, you wrote:

>I am still griping about the MZ-S. I bought two at my lab (not my $$)
>and took them to Mali last January. I complained that when you put them
>in a back pack, the camera can turn itself on. (Well, actually, the
>switch is designed so that unintentional pressure against it can turn
>the camera on.) Several PDMLers lambasted me for having them in a
>backpack.
>
>Okay, they've been sitting in a box in my office for a couple of months
>without being touched. They are both in Pentax holster-type bags. And
>guess what? I looked at both of them today, and found one of them turned
>on. Some pressure through the soft case had turned the on/off switch to
>on.
>
>I know there are a lot of MZ-S defenders on the list. But a camera that
>unpredictably turns itself on strikes me as having a pretty fundamental
>flaw.
>
>Blast away...
>
>Joe

It could just be the action of putting them in or pulling them out of the
case/bag which turns them on.
On my recent trip where I carried the MZ-S around in a backpack with its
ever ready case on I found sometimes the switch had set itself to
self-timer. Oddly, I didn't notice it trunng itself on. Still a nuisance
though.

Wendy

---
Wendy Beard