>Of course, I could stay with Pentax but would end up with two systems
>within a system, the older K system and the newer KAF system because my
>lenses and flashes aren’t going to match up with all of my Pentax bodies.
>  So why should I stay with Pentax, end up with two systems with a system
>and spend more money, when I can have two separate systems (old Pentax, new
>EOS) and save money?

I think the problem with this approach is that it is not practical to bring
2 systems out shooting at the same time (to most people at least). One can
buy all the systems on earth, but the problem is, no man can carry them all
on the shoulder?

>Like I’ve said, I’m on a budget.  It seems staying with Pentax is
>“penny-wise but pound foolish.”

That depends. If one wants to keep using his/her manual focus lenses but
don't want to buy used bodies, Pentax and Nikon are good choice (except K
mount equipments have far less capability issues). Some rare or excellent K
mount lenses could be used on current AF bodies too. Only a few very low end
Pentax AF bodies (don't remember which) cannot meter with old manual focus
lenses, and everything else are interchangable practically. I don't see the
problem. But it is true that some FA* lenses aren't as attractive as Canon
equivalent lenses in terms of price. I sure want a high quality 70-210/4
like the Canon L, but nothing from Pentax so far. And I can't afford and
don't want to carry the heavy 2.8 version.

regards,
Alan Chan