>Hey, I'm not here to argue semantics.   This gets into semantics is because
>either myself or another poster aren't talking on the same wavelength.
>I've admitted a couple of times it has been my fault because I didn't
>phrase a sentence a certain way or give my definition of a term.  The
>reason why I've been talking about my possible switch is to get some
>*positive* feedback on why it might be better to stay with Pentax.  I don't
>have all the answers.  I thought that by posting here I could engage in
>some civil debate about Pentax-Canon platforms and see if there was
>something I was overlooking in the analyzation of my particular situation
>with the equipment I now have.

I was off the list a few days so I might miss something.

>I would prefer to buy new.  I've had too many hassles with used stuff and
>also would like a warranty to fall back on for a while.  To me I've sank
>enough money into my ME-Super that I bought used.  I've seen people who
>have "good money chase after bad money" when it comes to an used car.  They
>fix one thing, another one goes, then something else, on and on, until they
>were better off getting a newer car.  I do like my ME-Super but there's a
>point with my budget that I don't like it *that* much.

For brand new Pentax bodies without capability issue, MZ/ZX-M could be
considered. Nope, I don't like its viewfinder which I think is too small and
difficult to focus manually, but seems that I am the only one here.  :(  So
don't hestitate to check it out. MZ/ZX-3, 5n, 6 & 7 can be considered too.
If you want split image screen, just ask the Pentax service centre to
install the MZ/ZX-M screen for you. They are interchangable. I suppose you
wouldn't consider MZ-S.

There were 2 or 3 Pentax AF bodies couldn't meter with pre-A lenses, but I
cannot remember which (MZ-10 & MZ-30?).

regards,
Alan Chan