9/19/2002 3:13:48 PM, "Keith Whaley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Arnold,
>
>You don't have a category of "other" but I only have one super wide
>angle, a Vivitar 19mm f/3.8-22.0.

<snip>

>I'd appreciate anyone else's word on their experience with one.

Hi Keith,

I had one for about 8 years....I found it reasonably sharp, except the corners, which
were a little soft even stopped down.  Color and contrast were ok, the real Achille's
heel
for me on this one was the almost non existent flare control.  It would flare even on
cloudy days, and "back to the sun" pictures didn't work unless I wanted my shadow in
the picture.  Of course, I had one of the early ones....perhaps they have improved
their multicoating process since 1992.....

William in Utah.