>Help!  I'm in a bit of a quagmire.  Well, not really.
>I just have some spare time today so I decided to ask
>the group this question:
>
>Have you ever brought two different camera systems on
>vacation?  Specifically I am referring to a Pentax
>K-mount system with 2 bodies, 4 lenses plus an M42 to
>K-mount adapter plus a Pentax screwmount body with two
>lenses.  The purpose of bringing along the screwmount
>stuff is solely for B&W photos plus the chance to use
>the lenses (35mm/f3.5 & 135mm/f3.5) on the K-mount
>body for slides and print photos.

Personnally I would only bring two K bodies (instead of 2 K and 1 S):
one with B&W and one with colour.  But I would mix screw mount lenses
(with adapter) with K-mount lenses.  There is a way you can have a
screw mount lens lock on K-mount bodies.  It needs a little machine
shop job done on the adapter and the lens.

>I find that the
>screwmount lenses, even though not exactly fast,
>provide me quite excellent picture quality.

Because of that (Asahi screwmount lenses' quality) and because of
their rather low market value (I was a poor student back then) I have
made two trips with SMC-Takumar lenses (28/3.5, 55/1.8 and 100/4
macro) and a MX + a Spotmatic (and later 2 MXs) and was more than
pleased with their optical quality and did not bother stop-down
metering and switching the 28mm and the 55mm from one body to another
by unscrewing and screwing.  (The 100mm was only used for special
macro sessions.)

Andre