On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 02:12  PM, Jan van Wijk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just want to warn you,  if you happen to visit the Big Bend NP on
> the border of Texas and Mexico in two weeks, you might run
> into a lunatic carrying arround a 67II with a few lenses and tripod.
>
> After doing some presentations on a computer show in Austin
> I will be driving and hiking for almost a week. Hope the temperature
> is a bit lower than the last time I was there (April 1989, with an
> MX :-)
>
> Regards, Jan van Wijk
> Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery

Big Bend is a great park, I've been going there since I was 16. Have you
been up on the Mesa de Anguila? It's the American side of Santa Elena
Canyon/ Nice views out into an even more attractive section of Mexico.
Stay away from it if you see any dark clouds, though (snap, crackle, &
pop).

Hope you have a great time!

Dan Scott