On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:16:25 -0400
"Doug Franklin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:39:35 +0200, Thomas Heide Clausen
> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure that it is to do with that seminar. The
> > laptops-scan-seperately has been procedure since, at
> > least, last fall on most flights going to and from the
> > US.
>
> Even in the mid-1990s, my laptop was "nitrate sniffed" in
> Frankfurt every time I departed from there.

On the topic of Frankfurt...I have not yet managed to get
through that airport without being subject to a complete
strip-search. Never happens elsewhere, but always there.
not that they are rude about it or anything, it is just
annoying.

I wonder if their way of trying to reduce their air-space
congestion is to annoy off passengers?

It's also the only airport, where I have had the security
guy take off the front and rear cover of *all* my lenses,
to look through the glass. Either he is a photo-geek like
us, or he's the most carefull of them all.....

But now I'll stop. I am waaay too OT for someone who's just
been posting for a few days here. Sorry guys...

--thomas