These links don't work for me :(

Lukasz

-----Original Message-----
From: Cesar Matamoros II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 2:52 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss (E-mail)
Subject: Pentax lenses.

I tried to send this last night, only to discover that I had been dropped
off the list.  It was a quiet time here.  I guess I have to direct-deposit
the monthly stipend to Doug :-)  Anyways, here it goes again...

With all the talk of 'jumping ship' if there is no DSLR from Pentax, and the
'look' of Canon and Nikon lenses, I present the following image in two
forms:
http://cesar_abdul.homestead.com/files/Pentax/flare.jpg and
http://cesar_abdul.homestead.com/files/Pentax/flaret.jpg

Flare.jpg is the large version of flaret.jpg.

This shot was taken near the French Market in New Orleans, Louisiana this
past weekend with my sister.  It was a perfect situation for flare.  As a
matter of fact it was almost too harsh to look at with your eyes.  The
Limited 31/1.8 was used.  I cannot recall if I metered with my LX on the
building or used my Sekonic L-358 in incident mode.

Anyway I often push my Pentax lenses in this fashion.  It makes me the
'loyal' Pentaxian that I am.  I have a Nikon F3 with a small assortment of
lenses and from experience none of the Nikon lenses can handle flare like a
Pentax.  I have not experienced Canon lenses, only seen some shots taken by
friends.  I get the same flare control from all my Pentax lenses not just
the Limiteds.

Just thought I would toss my hat into the ring,

César
Panama City, Florida