David,

I, too, have not had very good luck with Fuji.  I will say that for
cheap consumer film, the 800 Superia is pretty good - much better than
the Kodak zoom max (whatever they call it now) stuff.

Like you, I have been mostly using Portra and Optima II.  I'm going to
try another roll or two of the Agfa Portrait and pay special attention
to the lab to see how it turns out.  My last experience with it wasn't
very good.  I'll keep you posted.

Bruce