From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: Monopod advice

> Dan:
>
> From what I’ve read so far no one has asked you this question:
>
> How tall are you?
>
> I have a Bogen 3218 monopod, weighs about 2 pounds, a heavy-duty unit.
But I didn’t pick it for its durability; I picked it because I’m 6 feet 1
inch tall.  I didn’t want to put up with the problem of stooping to take a
shot when I’m standing, thus losing some of the stability provided by the
monopod.

> There’s a lighter Bogen monopod, the 3216, that weighs around a pound.
Compared to my Bogen tripod, the 3218 isn’t that heavy, but after lugging it
around for a while I wonder if I could’ve sacrificed the height for a pound
less weight with the 3216.  I could’ve made the shorter pod just tall enough
with my choice of a head.  So keep that in mind when you’re calculating the
total height.

> I would recommend a black monopod because it’ll be one less reflection to
deal with.  One time I had a aluminum tripod and it was causing a
distracting reflection in a white tombstone.  So now I own a tripod and a
monopod, both in black.