the guide # is accurate with a 85mm F1.4 lens with the
zoom head set to 85mm. The AF500FTZ is Pentaxes most
powerful flash and it does have some range to it (
only a bit more than the 280 ) but the trade off is it
eats batteries and can take forever to recharge. The
price you pay for sun tanning power :-)

Hello. I have a couple of AF-500-FTZ questions: