tom,

That and cost are the two current deterrents.  I really would like the
power that it has.  It will work with my leaf lenses and P67II TTL and
MZ-S TTL.

Bruce

Tuesday, October 1, 2002, 10:58:36 AM, you wrote:

> [...]

t> How do you figure that? The 500 has a GN of 32 at 28mm, the 280 has a
t> GN of 28.

t> Of course how often do you shoot at 28mm? The zoom function isn't some
t> gimmick, it actually works. Load up some 800 speed film and a
t> telephoto lens and you can illuminate someone from a few hundred feet.
t> If I'm at 28mm I'm right in someone's face, or at about 15 feet doing
t> a group shot in a tight space.

>> You might be wise to
>> look at the
>> hammerheads by Metz or the pentax 900 kit which is still
>> available for a
>> small fortune....

t> What's the 900 kit?

t> The original poster said he found the 280 insufficient for his needs
t> at ISO 100. I would be curious as to what exactly he's shooting. I
t> almost never shoot below 400 at weddings unless I'm outside with the
t> 645n and I need to deal with the 1/60th flash sync.

t> Bump your film speed up to 400 and you've doubled the power of your
t> flash. If you're worried about the resolution, 35mm NPH does fine up
t> to 8x10...if you need bigger prints or more detail, you really need a
t> bigger camera, not slower film.

t> Bruce is right about the Q-Flash, though I'd be interested to see him
t> lug it around on his 67 for 8 hours. ;)

t> tv