If anyone had *really* posted the world's funniest joke we'd all be dead now.
Unless they posted it in German, of course!

("All through the winter of '43 we had translators working, in joke-proof
conditions, to try and produce a German version of the joke. They worked on one
word each for greater safety. One of them saw two words of the joke and spent
several weeks in hospital. But apart from that things went pretty quickly, and
we soon had the joke by January, in a form which our troops couldn't understand
but which the Germans could.")

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com