Seeing as how the list was down all last weekend; and I got a chance to talk
to a Pentax Rep (yes they DO exist) at the local Henry's Sales/Show
Extravaganza out here in Toronto; I decided to update you all on what he
said when he asked me:

Rep: Hi there! Can I help you with anything?
Me (holding the MZ-6 w 28/80 test camera):  Ya... why haven't you guys
brought out a DSLR yet?
Rep (now looking stunned): Umm.. well, we did have a DSLR remember? The full
frame one with the 6MP sensor? But we decided not to go with it and now
Contax has it.

Me: Ya.. I remember, but it doesn't answer my question.
Rep (now looking a bit perturbed): Well, we will bring one out; just wait;
most of the manufacturers are waiting to display their goods at PMA.
Me: So you think PMA?
Rep (now looking worried that he's gotten himself into something): Just wait
for it.

So.. apparently.. yes..
but
no definite time line
no definite specs

I think it's becomming like that song in the musical "Annie" :  The sun will
come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, come what may....

Cheers,
Dave