Nobody seems to have mentioned the real problem area.  That is that the
CPU in the DSLR is probably not even an Intel CPU, so any virus writer
would have to learn the CPU instruction set, or have a cross compiler to
use another CPU, like an Intel, to get a virus into a language that the
DSLR CPU would understand.  I can see some Nikon user going to a huge
amount of effort to produce virus code that would cripple a Canon but
he'd have to find a way to spread the virus.  The only way I can think
of to do that is to hack the Canon website and substitute virus-ridden
code for a driver update.

If that sounds like a hell of a lot of effort to go through, it's
because it takes a hell of a lot of effort.

Len
---