On 14 Oct 2002 at 12:28, Len Paris wrote:

> I think that Pentax will offer a Digital Single Lens Reflex body that
> uses the Foveon chip. The body might be made by Sigma but it will use
> Pentax mount lenses.

Hi Len,

Whilst I'm all for technical advancements and innovation I wouldn't like to see
a Foveon sensor in my digicam (DLSR for those with filters invoked). The
problem is that it's main claim to fame is the solution to what is actually a
non-issue ie the reduction of moire or interference patterns. Instead I suspect
that due to the Foveon sensor design other more crucial aspects of imaging
performance such as noise and dynamic range will be compromised.

That's my take on it for the record.

BTW You didn't say if you thought that it was a good or bad direction for them
to take?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA