Stephen,

Lumiquest makes several different types of softeners.  Which one did
you try?  I have used the Stofen and the Lumiquest Softbox.  I have
had more consistent results from the Lumiquest.  One issue with the
Stofen is getting it to fit the AF360FGZ.  When I bought mine, I
didn't see anything that really fit.  It didn't fit my AF500FTZ all
that well either.  You just try and cram it on there.

Bruce