----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 11:48 PM
Subject: Re: Quality film scanner at an acceptable price?

> Looking on cnet I see the list price on the 2450 is US $249 but no one
> is actually selling at that price yet. It looks like a little over half
> the US vendors have it in stock, is there a Canadian flavor of cnet that
> could point you to someone on your side of the fence who has the 2450 in
> stock?

Daymen, who claim to be the distributors of Epson scanners to retailers
(Henry's, Vistek, etc.), are having a hard time keeping the 2450 in stock.
The selling price seems to be between $650 & $700 CDN.

Greytech, who is an internet vendor, is advertising the 2450 at $560 CDN.

> Do you have a link for any info on the GT-9800F that is in English?

No.

> I tried Babelfish, but most of the info on the page appears to be texted
> rendered in images rather than text their computers can attempt to
> translate.
>
> Have you heard any speculation on what the expected price and
> availability for GT-9800F is?

Acording to posts in "rec.photo.equipment.medium-format" the selling price
in Japan is equivalent to $425 US (similar to the original selling price of
the 2450).

I might just wait for reports on the GT-9800F (or whatever the North
American equivalent model #) before making a move.

Jeff.