Pål,

I had the same needs as you.  A while back, I bought the Epson 2450
hoping that it would do the job scanning my MF stuff.  The price was
reasonable compared to the regular MF film scanners.  My experience
with it was a bit mixed.  I wasn't getting the kind of quality out of
the scans that I thought I should.  I ended up returning it.

Later JCO got the same scanner and was having much better luck with it
than I did.  I did some reading on the web and found that there had
been some QC issues and some units were working well and some were
behaving more like mine.

I recently decided to give it another try and ordered another one
(Epson 2450).  I have been using the supplied software (Epson Twain
and Silverfast SE) instead of the Vuescan that I normally use.  I can
say that I am having satisfactory results this time and have been able
to scan and print as I had hoped.  I suspect that this is the only
game in town at a reasonable price point.

HTH,

Bruce

Wednesday, October 23, 2002, 8:45:33 AM, you wrote:

PJ> Well, I'm considering a film scanner as well. Something that can scan medium
format in addition to 35mm slides. A Nikon 8000 is out of the question due to its
price. I understand there are some
PJ> flatbed scanners that do an acceptable job. There's an Epson something (is it
called 2450?) that's generally recommended. However, I've read somewhere that this
model is about to be replaced with
PJ> a model that scans at higher resolution. Any information and experiences with sort
of things?