I have a different view here.  When I went shopping for my digital P&S, I
had the money and choices of Optios to choose.  I did the wise thing and
thought of my needs and it's usage.  That lead me to the 230 2mp.  6mp
cameras were out there already, but I chose mine to suit my needs.  So with
a new Pentax DSLR, some of you will find it suits your needs just fine and
will buy it.  Some won't like it and won't buy it.  Others will buy it no
matter what!  My choice was excellent, saved money, and I have no near
future plans to look at the digital market.  In 5 years, ask me again, I may
change that.

Brad Dobo