Is it OK to say that now? Sheesh!

I hope the DSLR based on the MZ-S chassis is true; they would be the first
company to bring out a companion DSLR at a reasonable price. Up to now the
price disparity between digital and film has been rediculous; look at the
difference in price between the Nikon D100 and the camera it is based on,
the N80. The D100 felt very cheap and plasticky IMHO, and the embossed
numerical stuff on the dials were obviously done as cheaply and as fast as
possible. The whole camera felt quite fragile and cheap.

As for the flagship rumour, it has been restated so often and with no result
that I don't currently believe it; but if you do, feel free.

The rumours or leaking of a new ultrawide zoom sound interesting; I wonder
if it will have corner angles of incidence reduced to reduce the light
falloff when the light hits the sensors at a sharp angle, (man, that was
awkard to say), and if so, what effect will this have on the lens when
mounted on a film camera?

Also, what about a new flash? Nothing happening on that front.

As for focussing screens, I have and use several in my PZ1-P; the standard
one, with panorama lines, I don't use very often anymore. I also have the
'Golden Section' screen, with a large gridded X across the frame, which I
love and use the most (very handy for offset subjects and scaling in
thirds), and 'the grid', with evenly placed squares all over the screen,
which is excellent for product shots or shots where you need very specific
placement of subject (i.e. double exposures of tele-moon and WA landscapes).
I hope they come out with some screens for the MZ-S/D, as well as
interchangeable finders for the 'alleged' flagship. It would be nice to use
a refconverter for macros, etc. Any rumours of an alleged companion DSLR to
match the alleged flagship and an alleged high-end flash?

Nice to have the list working again; had it only failed for me, or what?

Cameron Hood

Free! 5 rolls of 120 or 3 roll of 35mm Fuji NPH at

http://www.fujifilm.ca/ProCommunity/default.asp?sectionID=32&parentID=4