OK, so I went to yet a third Store and purchased
two wholesome new batteries and it works fine. I had
purchased 2 consecutive sets of dud batteries...

I once had a car with a faulty spark plug, so I replaced
all the plugs, but it was still mis-firing, it turned out
that one of the new plugs I had installed was faulty also.
This faulty plug I had installed into the same cylinder as
the one that was dead.

So, whatever little quirk of fate that does these sorts of
things has come full circle to manifest itself as my MZ-S
batteries.

I should have known it was not the quality of the MZ-S that
was at fault.

Kind regards
Kevin

Kevin Waterson