----- Original Message -----
From: Arathi-Sridhar
Subject: full moon; panning

> Hi.
> I got the prints of my double exposure experiment (with my
K-1000), and the
> film has moved in all the shots. So Im pretty depressed, and
feeling bit
> silly that I didnt
> follow your carefully given point-by-point advice. Of the 4
frames, one has
> moved forward and another has moved back! So obviously, I have
to ensure the
> film is tight and does not move at all! Didnt expect this much
of error...

The problem is, if the film is too tight, it will move
backwards, and if not tight enough, it will move forwards.
An LX might be your best solution, as it has excellent frame
registration for this sort of thing.

> Also tried my first attempt at panning - a bird in flight. And
the whole
> image is a blur.
> I went by the book and used 1/30 second and 1/15 second
exposure. I guess it
> needs much more practice... Any advice on this?

It needs a lot of practice. I don't think there is an easy
solution.

William Robb