----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Mielke
Subject: infra-red with K1000, MZ-5n

The MZ-5 will probably leak IR, either through the DX window, or
through the plastic back itself. Also, if it uses an electronic
frame counter rhather than a mechanical one (I don't know), the
IR source in the frame counter can fog the film, and also cause
the camera to malfunction by not recognizing the film at all.
I saw a Canon EOS Elan choke on a roll of AgfaPan 400 because
the frame counter couldn't see the film. It kept giving a film
misloaded error.

Your K-1000 is a much better choice.
If the dimpled pressure plate causes a problem (it may, or may
not, you will have to test it yourself) you can attach a piece
of backing paper from 120 roll film to the pressure plate to
correct it.

William Robb

> Hi all
>
> I'd like to try some of infra-red photography. I have a K1000
and an MZ-5n.
> I was thinking of using Kodak High Speed Infra-Red black and
white film (HIE
> 135-36). Now I've read that there is a problem with the
dimpled pressure
> plate of the K1000 creating a pattern on the Kodak film (for
example, see
> http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/photos/FAQ_IR.html#KDBW   - part 7:
Which