On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, William Robb wrote:
> The MZ-5 will probably leak IR, either through the DX window, or

The -5 should be no problem, I've started to believe that the rumours of
IR fogging are much worse than the actual problem. People also told me not
toouse plastic tanks and reels when developing, but really now, that's
just goign too far.

If you're worried about the window, throw some tape over it.

> through the plastic back itself. Also, if it uses an electronic
> frame counter rhather than a mechanical one (I don't know), the
> IR source in the frame counter can fog the film, and also cause

I think only the MZ-S uses IR to print the information in the margins, I
supposed the 645NII, as well. Even with the EOS cameras, you only fog the
bottom along the sprocket holes.

--
http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.