----- Original Message -----
From: Vic
Subject: Tokina AT-X 90/2.5 acting up

Vic:
My Tokina 400mm did the same thing to me a few years ago when we
were in Kodachrome Basin.
I pulled the lens mount off and the aperture worked fine, so I
put the mount back on, and it has continued to work fine.
I don't know why.
I do know that if the lens has an A setting, I wouldn't be
pulling the mount off.
A series lenses have small explosive charges in them that
detonate when the mount is removed, sending small bits of
shrapnel like lens bits all over the place.

William Robb

> My Tokina 90/2.5 macro seems to have developed a case of
sticky iris. There
> is no noticable oil on the blades. When it works it works fine
when it
> doesn't I have to play with the f/stop ring or the little
steel thing