On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Bruce Dayton wrote:
> I don't know that much about the Frontier.  I do know the Agfa D-Lab
> that my lab has much better.  I tend to like the Agfa output better,
> too.  Not quite so contrasty as the Fuji Crystal Archive.

I only know what I've got access too, I'm hoping my other lab upgrades to
the D Lab.

Or the Noritsu, or the Frontier.. but I assume there's upgrade paths and
they've got an Agfa already..

> Anyway, for the Agfa, all you have to do is purchase the right
> carrier.  The switchout time is a few minutes.  The carriers are about
> $200.00 USD for the lab to purchase.  My lab has them for APS, 35, and
> 120 for negatives and 35mm for mounted slides.

Does the carrier get reloaded each time you put another load of film in,
or do you have to pull something out and reseat something different?

In other words, with a B&W enlarger, if I switch from 135 to 120, I change
my neg carrier, but then, I change it each and every time I put another
strip of negs in.. However, if I opt to change the enlarger lens, I onlly
have to change it ONCE, when moving from 135 to 120 (or back again).

(yes, I know, you can use a longer lens to print smaller negs, but like,
for simplicity sake!)

--
http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.